Back • Return Home
Some young children, when asked to draw a particular subject, will attempt to do so without hesitation. They are not concerned with:
• others watching them
• the "accuracy" of depiction
• the quality of materials used
• the popularity of the subject matter
• how much they have drawn before
• whether or not they can make a profit from it
Their expression is truly free and filled with enjoyment!
Never be afraid to explore different subjects, mediums, or techniques. If it comes out "terrible", be grateful for the opportunity to learn more.
Distinguish carefully between constructive criticism and insults. Be humble enough to cherish the former, and wise enough to ignore the latter.